Thursday, January 25, 2007

Week 7: Wikis

I am came across Wikipedia while I was teaching an Internet class.

I like the idea where you don't have to have any computer knowledge to add or edit a Wiki. I was very impressed with the PLCM blog where it explains what a Wiki is and I agreee with the disadvantages where anybody can edit or alter and there is very little editorial control over the content.

I enjoyed reading the Webjunction and have a link into their display content page where it takes you step by step into every area. By reading this site it has given me a better understanding of a Wiki and the benefits a Wiki would be for the Community and for libraries.

This segment has given me a better understanding of a Wiki. Perhaps YPRL could create a Wiki for each council where residents could write about any topic in their community, certainly food for thought, or should that be a Wiki thought!

My thought for the day, I will look at a Wiki with new eyes, but will certainly inform indviduals to check with a more reliable source especially with school research projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home