Saturday, December 09, 2006

Week3: Technology 7

Digital Cameras - they are a wonderful tool. The first true digital camera that recorded images as a computerized file was the Fuji DS-1P in 1988, the first commercially available Digital camera was the 1991 Kodak DCS-100. The Digital camera is so easy to work (some people have stated). I have heard they are hard to operate and you can delete photos by mistake and you can't retrieve them? If you take a picture not to your liking you can delete the photo, where if you have a camera which requires "film" you can't delete the picture.

As an archivist for the Car Club I have found the Digital cameras can be a problem, members forget to send me the file or print out copies on A4 paper not the special photoshop quality, sometimes the file has been deleted by mistake and can't be resurrected.

So that is why I have the "old fashioned" Olympus 140 with film, so when I take a photo I can have the film developed and place the appropriate photos in the club albums.

I realise the "old fashion" film cameras will eventually fade, but at the moment I am happy with mine and yes I realise technology will catch up with me eventually --- but not yet!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home