Saturday, November 25, 2006

Week3: Photos & Images 5 & 6

Exploring Flickr is amazing and so time consuming, the afternoon has just disappeared. I am very impressed with "tagging", this allows you complete freedom of a subject of your choice and gives you the opportunity to "share" photos with family and friends.
Well as I am a car buff, yes I searched Flickr to see how many photos of "Rover cars" were listed and I had 1,856 hits, if I typed in "Rover Turbine" I had 10 hits, Rover engineers worked on this project in their spare time. They went home and made parts prototypes from papier mache.
Sadly their project was eclipsed by Chrysler's own gas turbine car, which of course had the full backing and finance of Chrysler.

I played with Flickr Color Pickr and what a site, magnificient photos and breath taking colours you could spend hours looking at all the wonderful photos.
Flickr is certainly a wonderful tool for any individual who has access to the internet.

Stay tuned for the next session and happy Rovering

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Hey Jane,

Jet1 is one cool car.

Cheers:)

5:48 pm  
Blogger Marg G said...

Hi Jane,I also,played with Flickr Color Pickr.What an amazing site,you perhaps found some photos of rovers or cars;I naturally became lost in a world of gardens and glorious photos of flowers,trees and nature,depicting all the colours of the rainbow.

4:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home